Johnson County Democrats
Friday, May 20, 2005
 
Loebsack update


From: David Loebsack <dloebsack@mchsi.com>

Hi, everyone.

I just want to update you on my recent activities and what I will be up
in the
near future.

First, I continue to be impressed by the seriousness of purpose of the
Democrats I encounter at every meeting I attend. There is no doubt
that the
activists among us are eager for change in the second district and we
are all
anxious to find a strong candidate to run in 2006.

The encouragement and support I have received over the course of the
past
several weeks has been remarkable. The responses to my initial
"testing of
the waters" have been overwhelmingly positive and I am now prepared to
make my
final decision about running sometime in the summer.

There are still a number of folks and groups I need to talk to in the
coming
weeks. As it turns out, I will be in D.C. mid-June to mid-July
studying at
the Library of Congress. I intend to take advantage of my time there
to talk
to Democratic Party and other interested parties to gauge possible
support for
this run.

Before then, I will be attending a number of central committee meetings
and
community events. If you know of an event I should be at, please do not
hesitate to let me know by responding to this e-mail or calling me at
one of
the numbers below.

Finally, while I do not yet have positions on all the issues
formulated, I am
trying to focus primarily on domestic pocketbook issues that affect the
vast
majority of the people of the second district. As such, I am open to
your
concerns, thoughts, and ideas about jobs, education, health care, the
environment, etc. At a time when most Americans feel more alienated
from
congress that at any time in recent history, dialogue and engagement
with
citizens of the district is more important than ever.

As always, thanks for all of your support and do not hesitate to be in
touch.

David

P.S. Contributions are always welcome!

--
Loebsack Exploratory Committee
P.O. Box 81
Mt. Vernon, IA 52314
Home E-mail: dloebsack@mchsi.com
Work E-mail:
dloebsack@cornellcollege.edu
Home Phone: (319) 895-8418
Office Phone: (319) 895-4300
Cell Phone: (319) 721-5324

--

To unsubscribe from this mailing list, please send an email to petidomo@unifex.dyndns.org with the
following line in the body of the message:

unsubscribe jcdems-announce




<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog maintained by John Deeth