Johnson County Democrats
Thursday, September 09, 2004
 
Open letter from Rod Sullivan
An open letter from Rod Sullivan to members of the Johnson County Democratic
Party- Central Committee members in particular:

At the August 11 Johnson County Democratic Party Central Committee meeting,
the members of that body decided to donate $500 from the Cilek Fund (for
Countywide races) to the Pulkrabek for Sheriff campaign.
There was discussion about giving money to Supervisor candidates; the group
decided to wait and see if there would be any Republican opposition.
A Republican candidate then filed just before the late August deadline.
At the September 8 Central Committee meeting, a motion was made to give my
campaign $500 from the Cilek fund.

At that point, I asked that the money be split between the three Democratic
Party candidates for Supervisor. The Central Committee debated this
suggestion, noting that they considered our two incumbents very likely to
win reelection; they felt I was more vulnerable. The group then voted to
stick with the original motion, and give the $500 to my campaign.

After further consideration, I have decided to decline this $500. During my
service as County Chair, I prided myself on treating people equally. While
my campaign is in need of funds, and while I do appreciate the intent, I
believe it is more important that we support all of our candidates equally.

I am forever grateful for the support of the Central Committee in my
election bid. I hope to get the opportunity to serve each of you as a
Johnson County Supervisor and a proud Democrat.

Sincerely,

Rod Sullivan, Democratic Party candidate
Johnson County Board of Supervisors


<< Home

Powered by Blogger

Blog maintained by John Deeth